These psychopaths on the Terrorist Left have now gone TOOO FAR. Check this out, I’m pasting it here right off the Washington U – Tacoma campus website so that it doesn’t go down the memory hole when the volume of outraged flames they get (like my response to this in the picture) compels them to take it down:
STATEMENT ON ANTIRACIST AND SOCIAL JUSTICE WORK IN THE WRITING CENTER
The writing center works from several important beliefs that are crucial to helping writers write and succeed in a racist society. The racist conditions of our society are not simply a matter of bias or prejudice that some people hold. In fact, most racism, for instance, is not accomplished through intent. Racism is the normal condition of things. Racism is pervasive. It is in the systems, structures, rules, languages, expectations, and guidelines that make up our classes, school, and society. For example, linguistic and writing research has shown clearly for many decades that there is no inherent “standard” of English. Language is constantly changing. These two facts make it very difficult to justify placing people in hierarchies or restricting opportunities and privileges because of the way people communicate in particular versions of English.
Because we all live, work, learn, and communicate within such racist systems, the consultants in the writing center assume that a big part of our job is to help students become more critical of these unjust language structures as they affect students’ writing and the judgment of that writing. In particular, being aware of racism as structural offers students the best chances to develop as writers and succeed on their own terms in an inherently racist society.
Furthermore, by acknowledging and critiquing the systemic racism that forms parts of UWT and the languages and literacies expected in it, students and writing center consultants can cultivate a more socially just future for everyone. Just avoiding racism is not enough because it means we are doing nothing to stop racism at large, and it amounts to allowing racism to continue.
The writing center consultants and staff promise to listen and look carefully and compassionately for ways that we may unintentionally perpetuate racism or social injustice, actively engaging in antiracist practices. For instance, we promise to:
- be sensitive to our language practices (what we say or allow to be said) and other microaggressions that may make some people feel uncomfortable or feel in some way inferior;
- openly discuss social justice issues as they pertain to the writing at hand;
- emphasize the importance of rhetorical situations over grammatical “correctness” in the production of texts;
- be reflective and critical of the practices we engage in;
- provide students ways to be more aware of grammar as a rhetorical set of choices with various consequences;
- discuss racism and social justice issues openly in productive ways;
- advocate for the things that will make our Center safe, welcoming, productive, proactive;
- challenge conventional word choices and writing explanations;
- conduct on-going assessments of the work of the writing center, looking specifically for patterns or potential inequalities or oppressive practices that may be occurring in the Center.
We also realize that racism is connected to other forms of social injustice, such as classism, sexism, heteronormative assumptions, etc., in similar ways. We promise further to do our best to compassionately address these issues as they pertain to student writing as well.
CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE THIS? I’m putting my outrage where my fists are. These punks are a threat to EVERYONE in Letters whom wishes to WRITE AS THEY PLEASE. These lefty punks are starting a fight club, I hear, to “Bash The Fash.” Really. I’m starting a fight club now, too.
Here’s how it works. You are a PC piece of trash. You want to take my free speech. Great. Let’s get in a locked cage and when you KILL me for it, you can have it. Any takers? Contact me. I’ll take any one of you scum on in a fight to the death. Let’s get Don King involved. It could be a Las Vegas million dollar event.
Email me, scum. I’m listening.
In the meantime, beat a Liberal like a gong.